Friday, June 24, 2011

D.I.Y This!

So my older brother is getting married in a week and my mother and I are basically doing all of the floral arrangements (with the assistance of friends) as well as other decorations ourselves! Furthermore, extensive details and DIY's for the wedding will be loaded up on here! 
These our the flower balls for the flower girls, there are two of them. We were initially going to have them throw petals out of a basket, but this idea popped in my head and I thought it would be entirely much cooler than a boring lame basket har har!
Ingredients:
Plastic Flowers (an assortments of colors, I used 3, cream/green/ivory)
Stryofoam
Scissors
Ribbon
Knife (not pictured)

I used a knife as well as scissors to carve out the top of the styrofoam ball. It takes a lot of muster, fyi!   
Cut of an inch of the steam of the plastic flowers.
Stick the flower stems into the stryofoam ball, be sure to spread the colored flowers around.

Open up the petals around the styrofoam ball in order to make the flower ball look full and prettiful!
Cut the ribbon for the handle, as long or as short as you desire. I chose this thick ribbon so that it would be sturdy for the little flower girls to hold.
I used faux diamond encrusted pins to hold down the ribbon. (Also, used throughout the flower ball.)
And here you go, the complete flower ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment