For this pattern, you can either measure your waistline and hips, legs OR take a pair of shorts that fit you the best and measure it's fit/follow the style of those particular shorts.
Note: For front and back of the shorts, you will have to do this pattern twice. Front of shorts and back of shorts.
- Create a chain of the measured length. For my waist, it was 24, so I chained 24.
- [Rows: 1-4] I Single crochet to 4 rows after I chained 24.
- [Rows 5-11] I increased and started a double crochet for my hips to 54 from rows 5 to 11, depending on how long your shorts are and how long you want them to be.
- Once I hit the opening of the shorts.
- [Rows 12-17] I Double Crochet roughly 28 across for my legs and then turned the pattern around to Double crochet more 5 rows.
- (You can make them as long or as short as you like.)
- [Row 18] Single crochet the ninth row, slip stitch and cut.
- And repeat for the other side.
*Extra For Fit: To ensure your shorts fit your waist. You can crochet a long strand and loop it through the top, (through the crochet) of the shorts to cinch the waist.
*Extra For Detail: For the trim of the shorts, a little added detail I, chained 4 and slip stitch into the next open stitch and continue forth.
Please let me know if this tutorial is arduous to follow, I will do my best to clear it up and if you are able to follow it, plus I would love to see your final products!