Saturday, June 2, 2012

DIY THIS! Crochet Bow Cozy.

Ingredients:
I used Caron Simply Soft (two different colors)
Crochet hook (I used 5.50 MM hook)
Crochet sewing needle
Scissors

Row 1: I measured my phone which is an iPhone, I chained 40.
Row 2-30: SC until end slip stitch, tie off and cut.


You're going to follow these instructions twice so that you have to equal parts. The front and back pieces that is.


After I finished both of the parts. I went back on each one and DC around the piece, slip stitch, knot and cut off.
Next, I cut a string of yarn and used my sewing needle to attach both of the pieces together. I set them identically to each other and sewed the sides and the bottom, leaving the opening for the phone to slide in.
After I went through and sewed it twice, I slip stitch, knot and cut off the yarn.


The BOW:
I wanted to utilize the other colored yarn, stripe pattern to give the cozy a bit of pop.


Row 1: Chain 14
Row 2-8: Changed colors SC, between rows
Slip stitch, knot and cut off.
DC around the piece
Cut off a bit of yarn and wrapped it around the middle.
Tie and knot the bow.
Cut off the yarn.


Applying the bow to the cozy:
I used the sewing needle and sewed the bow unto the top of the already made cozy, a few times until it was entirely fastened and knotted it, then cut the rest of the yarn off.

Grab your phone and cozy it up to its new cozy!


ash.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment