Thursday, October 31, 2013

HandMade: The Oversized Crochet Dress.

Hello there! Happy Halloween! Here is my complete project from last week's, What's On My Hook?  A crochet over-sized sweater dress with pockets included. Even though I struggled with this design quite a bit, started over a lot, especially for cowl part of the sweater. Wasn't entirely sure how I wanted to go about it, but I am elated of how it turned out. Perfect for throwing a pair of leggings on, plus boots and once it becomes a bit chillier, I can throw a cropped jacket on with it. The dress is quite light and doesn't have the bulkiness feel of a sweater which I love and is pretty ace for the weather here!

The crochet technique I used, was the half double crochet, I stuck with the basics, though for the sleeve, cowl and the sleeves, I wanted to use a different type of pattern, different stitch, to give the sweater a subtle unique look. 

The Yarn I used: Aran// Red Heart Super Saver
The Hook I used: J/10-6.00MM   
The Pattern I used: Experimental: My Own!

Note: The hat I am wearing is available on my Etsy Shoppe here
Also, I am planning to share these projects in the near future!


5 comments:

  1. I love the cowl neck and pockets! So cute and perfect ^_^ Great job!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled upon your blog and I absolutely LOVE this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a pattern for the cowl neck dress? I love it!

    ReplyDelete