Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Tutorial: Studded Crochet Boot Cuffs.

Hello, here is a tutorial I have crocheted utilizing studs (which I love love) to give it a bit of an edge. I wanted to use more studs, but ran out unfortunately, though I'll just use it for another shot at this pattern! Please let me know if you have an issues following this, let me know!
The Ingredients:
Yarn (Black and Grey)
Studs (I bought mine from Hobby Lobby)
Scissors
Crochet Hook (J/10-6.00 MM)

Abbreviations:
DC-Double Crochet
HDC- Half Double Crochet
SC- Single Crochet 
ST-Stitch 
CH- Chain 

Instructions:
Row 1: Measure your calf, and/or chain to however many fits around your calf and CH with your Main Color. Slip stitch into the beginning of your chain. Chain 1, skip St.
Row 2-6:  HDC in all of the  stitches CH1 after every row, skip St.
Row 7: Use your Secondary Color and SC in all of the Sts.
Row 8: DC alternating the Main Color and the Secondary Color. Ending with the Main Color. 
Row 9: SC with the Main Color.  
At the end, with the secondary color, SC Row 1.

For the Studs:
 Note: I bend the studs with scissors and turn the boot cuff inside out.
 
I placed into the DC into the bottom of the Second HDC Row (Secondary Color.)
Two studs into the Third HDC Row (Main Color.)
One stud into the Fourth HDC Row  (Secondary Color.)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment