Thursday, October 10, 2013

HandMade: The Artic Crocheted Sweater Cardigan.

Hello there! Here is my crocheted sweater cardigan from last week's (What's on my hook?) and I have to state I am quite elated on how it came out! How I sketched the design up in my head, surpassed how it actually came to be. Truly, I cannot wait to create more in different designs as well as patterns. For creating this cardigan, I used about 4 colors of yarn including almost all of the Caron One Pound bundle! Last minute to the project, I added pockets because I felt something was missing and the sweater kind of called for it. I love when that happens, when it's experimental and at the moment little ideas can help boost a simple idea! This project was a one of a kind challenge, but I am more than happy with the results!

The crochet technique I used, for the sweater was a half double crochet, single crochet, treble (triple crochet). For the belt, it was entirely all single crocheted. There was a lot, A lot of sewing involved including for a bit of the design, but it was majorly and interestingly fun!

The Yarn I used:  Black>>I love this yarn! /Cream>> Caron One Pound/Brown>>I love this yarn!/Grey>>Red Heart/Burgundy>>Red Heart 
The Hook I used: H/8-5.00MM   
The Pattern I used: Experimental: My Own!


6 comments:

  1. This sweater. Seriously? You have to make me one or at least show me how to get started on one. ITS AMAZING! Wow!!!!!!!!! You need to make a few in different sizes and put it on etsy. They will sell out. Anyway, text me manana! Good news! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady and I will try teaching you to crochet again! I'd love them to put them on Etsy, just need more time to do so! One day! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful colors and patterns <3 You did a fantastic job on this!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. will you be selling the pattern for this ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have created a little collection of the projects that I have made personally for myself and do plan on sharing them in the near future!

      Delete