Thursday, October 17, 2013

HandMade. The Crochet Cropped Sweater.

Hi there! I have finished my cropped sweater from last week (What's on my my hook?) Wanting to recreate the cropped sweaters that have been popping up at numerous stores this season. I wrote and designed up this idea to create this sweater. It was a quite familiar experience, starting over, rewriting the pattern until I got it right. Made the time creating it quite a learning process. I chose this hot pink color, mainly because of this Lauren Conrad floral dress. I purchased it at Kohl's and wanted to bring it into the Fall season, perhaps with black tights and boots. So I thought, crocheting up a sweater made entirely for the dress, would be a fun way to go!

The crochet technique I used, for the sweater was a half double crochet, single crochet, pretty basic. I utilized a lacy type of stitch, primarily because I liked the idea of the sweater being a bit breezy. Living in Texas calls for light sweaters, so maintaining an openwork stitch is the perfect technique, for me personally to go for.

The Yarn I used: Hot Pink/Red Heart
The Hook I used: J/10-6.00MM   
The Pattern I used: Experimental: My Own!


No comments:

Post a Comment