Thursday, May 15, 2014

HandMade: The Crochet Summer Twirl Skirt.

Hello there! This project is from last last weeks', 'On my hook." Granted, it was supposed to be a baby doll dress; however, I scrapped that idea for a fun twirly skirt with an elastic band. This pattern most certainly crept out of nowhere and I couldn't help myself, though the idea to create a baby doll dress is just put on hold for now!

What I love about this skirt, is that it has the movement that I was hoping to create. As well as the lightness that the skirt holds, so it won't feel to heavy during the heat filled summer days. Plus, I'm such a sucker for an elastic waist, they are my absolute favorite material to utilize when I am creating skirts and shorts of the like.

Project Details:
The yarn I used was Caron Simply Soft Yarn, featuring Teal.
The hook I used was a H/8-5.00MM.
The skirt crochet pattern is entirely experimental from my own pattern.

Now I am off to create some more fun crochet ideas and write up this pattern for the future!
ashlee elle.

No comments:

Post a Comment