Thursday, October 23, 2014

HandMade: The Pumpkin Pie Crochet Shorts.

Hello there & Happy Handmade Thursdays to ya! Still feeling a bit under the weather, but I couldn't wait to show this new crochet short design I have recently made. Wanting to utilize an exposed zipper somewhere in this design, it suited the design in the end, just the way I imagined!

I feel as if crocheting shorts, for me personally, has been an evolution, I try to create better ones each time, it's basically practice. I entirely feel that there's always room to learn and experiment! I used a simple technique for creating these shorts, I wanted to keep the stitch as simplistic as possible as well as the pattern. Especially seeing that I would want to wear them all throughout the Autumn season. I didn't feel it needed anything going on with it, sometimes basic is okay! The exposed zipper on the side, offers that little bit of snug and security for this design which I could not decide on where I truly wanted to place it, I opted for the side because it adds a little detail to such a simple design.

On the real, to be entirely honest, these shorts are ridiculously comfortable! After shooting the photographs for them, I just stayed in them all day long. Truly one of my favorite designs yet, I can't wait to put the pattern up!

Crochet Pattern for my first pair of Crochet Shorts>> HERE.

The yarn I used was Vanna's Choice (Rust)
The hook I used was a J/10-6.00MM
The Pumpkin Pie Crochet Shorts pattern is entirely experimental, made from my own pattern! Planning to place the pattern for purchase on my Pattern Shoppe! It's in queue.


No comments:

Post a Comment