Thursday, November 6, 2014

HandMade: The Crochet Gable Wrap Skirt.

Hello there! First off, this was truly meant to come out a bit different than I had designed, but overall I am elated with the final product. Actually came out a tad a bit more interesting! I wanted to create a skirt with cable sweater look to it, but had an interesting structure to it. Ultimately, this is the result of the those two worlds colliding. 

This was my first time experimenting with a wrap crochet item and it definitely featured a few challenges regarding when to decrease and increase the rows according to my measurements. Over time, I'm sure I get the hook of it. (see what I did there har har.) This skirt will entirely keep me warm during the kind of chilly times here in Texas, but the comfort what I aim for with all of my pieces. The comfy level needs to be on point especially with yarn!

Project Details:
The yarn I used was Red Heart Super Saver (Forest Green)
The hook I used was a K/101/2-6.50MM

The Crochet Gable Wrap Skirt pattern is entirely experimental, made from my own pattern! Planning to place the pattern for purchase on my Pattern Shoppe!
Happy Crafting!
ashlee elle.

No comments:

Post a Comment