Monday, April 20, 2020

Making Of Monday: The Granny Square Crochet Dress.

The Making Of this dress was heavily inspired by the one Katy Perry apparently wore on American Idol. Instantly, I was infatuated like many others who perceived this gorgeous sequin granny square inspired dress. Especially perceiving it's original cost of over $2300 (it's reduced now btw) for all of the beautiful beaded hand work. Sheesh!  Recalling a pearl beaded collar I had purchased at a random store in the mall, many moons ago. I knew it was craft fate and immediately  wanted to construct my own version of the dress. Knowing that I wanted it to be sleeveless (so I could layer with a cardigan) and more of my "style" considering the peter pan collar-it's more "Jess" from the show New Girl basically Zoey Deschanel influenced. All in all, after sketching and game planning- it took two days to create all of the squares, secure the ends, sew the squares together, crochet rounds and rows, with a bit more sewing involved at the neckline. It is very much one of my favorite dresses to date, even more-one of my favorite designs as well. Below are some progress shots as well!














No comments:

Post a Comment