Friday, March 11, 2011

Inventing New Sights. A Vintage Dream Mashup.


I have been wanting for quite a long time to mix the two things I adore so much, fabric and crochet into items that I could wear daily! Everything that I have in mind, I would entirely wear so it feels marvelous that I am actually attempting to create these ideas I have had for awhile now!

Red Heart Stripes. Buttons. Fabric Cuts. Fabric.    
My first attempt was this pencil skirt, I purchased the fabric from Hobby Lobby, I fell in love with it simply because I am floral is one of the quite the loveliest pattern out there. First, I sewed  (that sounds weird) and hemmed the skirt together then I crocheted an olive drab green yarn and sewed it upon the top of the skirt. Placing a pink ribbon that matches the skirt into the crochet band for that ruched effect. I can wear the dress as a high waist skirt and also as a dress woot!









 My second attempt is this lovely dark floral fabric, so I made it into a strapless dress. This time I crocheted a naples yellow band and set a black ribbon inside for the ruching. Also, an exposed zipper is sewn into the back of the dress. I absolutely love this dress and cannot wait a single minute until Spring comes! I am so ready for warm spring days I cannot even begin to explain! Another thing, I wish I had made pockets for this dress, maybe next time I will work on that detail for I have been spoiled with a lot of rad dresses that accommodate my desire to set my hands in.


oh my peter pan tights.



back view of the exposed zipper.


up close view of the crochet band.
 I have a few more ideas for more intertwining of fabric and crochet ideas to conjure up, I can't wait to make them!

No comments:

Post a Comment