Tuesday, March 3, 2015

DIY: How To Crochet A Hair Wrap// Easy Free Pattern!

Hello there & Happy Tuesday to you! Recently I've left behind the world of weaves and wigs to allow my natural hair to breathe and love its true state. So I've adapted wearing a high bun and I wanted to create some new and super easy items to create as well as wear along with my new look!

Ingredients:      
Crochet Hook>>G/6-4.25MM
Scissors
Scrap Yarn used>>Less than 1 Skein of Caron Simply Soft (Hot Pink)

Stitch guide
SC= single crochet    
 
HDC= half double crochet  
SS= slip stitch
ST(S)= stitch(es)
CH= chain
YO= yarn over 

CH 80
Row 1: *DC into the first ST, CH 1, Skip 1 ST and DC into the following ST, *Repeat this method until the end of the Row, turn work. 
Rows 2-28:  *DC into the first ST, CH 1, Skip 1 ST and DC into the following ST, *Repeat this method until the end of the Row, turn work. 
At the end of Row 28, SS, cut off remaining yarn strand to sew into the edges.
To create the kerchief look, you will want to lay the crocheted piece flat. Fold the two sides until they are reaching each other (like the photo above.) Simply keep the piece folded and wrap the piece around your head.

What I did, after I folded the piece above, I also, folded the tip of the point down, creating a bandana look. Wrapped the crocheted piece around the back of my head, to go around my bun.



You can also, wrap the piece around and tie the ends together to create a knot! (Like the photo above!)

ashlee elle.

No comments:

Post a Comment